04 Mar TA:28 Coronavirus & 6 themes impacting the Apartment Market
Mr Leigh Warner leads JLL apartment market research in Australia and in addition to his recent paper on the state of the market in Melbourne and Sydney, he has identified 6 themes driving the apartment market in 2020 plus global economic issues like the Coronaviris.
There are both immediate and longer term issues but all will directly impact how apartments perform from both a capital and rental value throughout the year and beyond.
The 6 themes Leigh identified specifically are;
- Sydney and Melbourne’s resurgence will slow
- Non Syd & Melb markets to steadily improve over the medium term.
- Under-supply calls to get louder and louder
- Off-the-plan sales to stay muted (except WA)
- More regulatory competition between the state.
- Global uncertainties to remain the wild card.
Read the full paper here and I am very keen to hear your thoughts.